Monday 27 June 2011

Circular Quay, Moore Stairs, Vivid Sydney

The historic Moore Stairs link Macquarie Street with the Circular Quay foreshore, between two blocks of Bennelong Apartments. “Hopscotch” by Germany’s Fiona Venn and Reinhard Germar was an interactive installation for the Vivid Sydney festival. People were able to hop up and down the stairs and create a rainbow at night that displayed the full colour spectrum of light from violet blue to deep red. Precise switching and the latest sensor technology saved energy by providing light only where it was needed but also proved a challenge to photograph as many colours as possible.

13 comments:

  1. It was very difficult to get a variety of colours, you've done well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, it must look awesome in person. Great capture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen this lighting effect before...in my entire life! And I love it.

    Blue Plumbago is my photo post today. Do come join me if you can find time.

    Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, it certainly was difficult to capture this with a number of colours. I experimented with leaving the shutter open for longer periods of time while people ran up and down the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. Glad you captured it because I missed most of the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent capture. Loved the concept of this installation.

    Cheers from Montreal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You captured the colours beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you absolutely captured the colors perfectly
    really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep thinking the colors are going to stop and then you give un another fabulous shot. I would be so busy looking at the lighting I would probably misstep and fall!!! Wonderful shot. Genie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Impressive capture. It looks moody with the figure on the stairs - almost walking on a rainbow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...